The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent - Line: 1870 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.6.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1870 header
/inc/functions.php 1940 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent - Line: 1870 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.6.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1870 header
/inc/functions.php 1940 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 225 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read

crest

Knight Wingate / Winget Genealogy Knight

[-]
Tags:
Hathaway | Pennsylvania | Winget

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sarah WINGET (1819 - 1881 PA)
Hello!

I'm trying to sort out a couple of people....

Sarah WINGET m. Calvin HATHAWAY (1814 - 1846 PA) about 1835 in prob. Morris, Greene County, PA.

I believe they had four children: Alphonso (1840); Leander (1842); Adolphus (1844); Samantha (1846).

HOWEVER, in the 1860 Morris, Greene Co., census there is also a Caroline HATHAWAY, 6, b. PA in the household of "Mrs Sarah Hathaway." She obviously cannot be Calvin's child but I can find no other HATHAWAY family in which to put her.

Most trees showing Sarah's second marriage, to John RUTAN, to be about 1860 and many of those trees show Caroline as RUTAN. This also cannot be the case UNLESS the Sarah-John marriage was much earlier than generally stated. (I believe they assign the marriage date as 1860 as there is a son, Alfred Oliver, born in 1861.)

As yet, I cannot find both parents for Sarah WINGET but, when listed, her father in John WINGET (1795 - 1850 Morris).

Does anyone know the date of Sarah's second marriage? Does anyone have any information on "daughter" Caroline?

Thank you very much.

Sorry for the run-on ... TRIED to enter line breaks.
QUOTE (SHathaway)
Hello!

I'm trying to sort out a couple of people....

Sarah WINGET m. Calvin HATHAWAY (1814 - 1846 PA) about 1835 in prob. Morris, Greene County, PA.

I believe they had four children: Alphonso (1840); Leander (1842); Adolphus (1844); Samantha (1846).

HOWEVER, in the 1860 Morris, Greene Co., census there is also a Caroline HATHAWAY, 6, b. PA in the household of "Mrs Sarah Hathaway."  She obviously cannot be Calvin's child but I can find no other HATHAWAY family in which to put her.

Most trees showing Sarah's second marriage, to John RUTAN, to be about 1860 and many of those trees show Caroline as RUTAN. This also cannot be the case UNLESS the Sarah-John marriage was much earlier than generally stated. (I believe they assign the marriage date as 1860 as there is a son, Alfred Oliver, born in 1861.)

As yet, I cannot find both parents for Sarah WINGET but, when listed, her father in John WINGET (1795 - 1850 Morris).

Does anyone know the date of Sarah's second marriage?  Does anyone have any information on "daughter" Caroline?

Thank you very much.

Sorry for the run-on ... TRIED to enter line breaks.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Life happens.

I did a search for Sarah and found a death certificate [www.ancestry.com] for a Caroline Peden (She married a Leonard Peden). This Caroline was born 3 March 1854 in Greene County, Pennsylvania to Calvin Hathaway  (born in Pennsylvania) and Sarah Wingett (born in Greene County, Pennsylvania). Caroline died 17 Dec 1925 in Washington County, Pennsylvania.