This genealogical community on Winget Solutions is provided as a public service for the furtherance of your personal genealogical research. Any information contained as part of this site is not intended nor should it be used for the solicitation of any commercial use or for publication without the express permission of those who contributed the information.
As with any collaborative effort, Winget Solutions cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any genealogical information contained herein. Where possible, we have documented our sources and ask members to do likewise. Make use of the Notes and Sources tabs to explain how you came to your conclusions. Feel free to correct any information you know to be inaccurate.
This site allows you to send personal messages to other members. This feature is monitored and individual messages can be viewed by administration if complaints or other factors warrant it.
Rules and Guidelines
1) Do not post offensive material. This includes anything that is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. This material should not be posted on any board or in your avatar or signature. This also means you should not post genealogical information about the living without their permission.
2) Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are not allowed on any board. Some members provide email addresses to facilitate communication; these should be used solely for personal use.
3) Posting of copyrighted material is not allowed unless you own the copyright, have permission from the person that does, or give the person proper credit. Basically, don't take credit for someone else's work. If you would like to quote something or use an article on the site, make sure that you post a link to where the original work is and give the proper credit.
4) When adding to a post, make sure it contributes to the topic.
5) Respect other members. Just because you can not see the person with whom you are conversing, does not give you free rein to call them names or post insulting comments.
6) Respect material posted by other members. Do not copy material posted by other members, including pictures, to other websites unless you have that member's permission. WingetSolutions.com retains a copyright on the compilation of all pages in the WingetSolutions.com, WingetGenealogy.net, and WingetGenealogy.com domains. Members retain full rights to their individual works and contributions, whether stated or not.
It is the job of the board moderators to determine what material they feel is inappropriate or offensive. If the material is found to be that, the moderator may edit or remove it. This will be done on a case by case basis.
If you, as a member, have a problem, you may contact the board moderators or the town square manager. You may also utilize the "report" function located in each post. Click on this button and a complaint will be sent to the moderator and the town square manager.
These guidelines are here to promote the harmonious community that has been built here. Violating a guideline may result in disciplinary action.